Main Episode Pages
- Air Dates are the date an episode was first shown on broadcast television anywhere worldwide.
- Guest Stars originally were guest voice actors featured by the FOX network, usually announced in a press release.
- Featuring are the main characters of the episode. Rarely does this include the entire Brown family, but the main 2-4 characters involved.
- Also Appearing: Any other named character seen in an episode. A page for "Guy with mustache in crowd" will be deleted. Characters only heard or referenced are not listed here.
- An informal setup exists with the following hierarchy:
- Non-featured immediate family
- Major non-featured characters
- Other recurring characters
- New characters
- Animals and/or fictional characters
- Musical Numbers: Songs sung with understandable lyrics by characters in the show. We will also consider songs contributed by primary cast or production crew that is used as background music on a case-by-case basis. Instrumentals and "nonsense" singing do not count. Background music such as pop songs are to be listed as Notes, not Musical Numbers.
- Plot: The episode narrative is only intended to outline the plot and not document every single joke that the editor finds funny.
- It also should not be copied verbatim from another web page or wiki. It's ok to use another page as a reference, but try to make some of the work your own. At the same time, be aware that editors on this wiki may edit elsewhere. Similar entries may not be copying but cross-posting. Parenthesis should not used in plot descriptions. Make your narrative include all relevant information in a continuous flow.
- Do not rewrite descriptions to suit yourself, they will be reversed and persistence will result in being blocked. We encourage new information, not picking over past entries with a thesaurus. You may correct misspellings, as long as it is understood that American English is used here. If you wish to question the accuracy or wording of a statement, you may do so on the talk pages and it will be investigated or discussed.
- Original Character Pages
A good page should have a narrative of their actions in any episodes they appear. Three or more appearances may have a separate heading for "Filmography" or "Appearances" with a quick rundown of episodes. Deleted scenes do not count as an appearance. Appearances limited due to censorship or editing should be designated as such, using "DVD Exclusive", "Adult Swim" or similar. Alternate identities of characters should be mentioned in the main page for that character and not with a new page.
The narrative should describe the events taking place at a given location. In the event of a real-world location, a short description of the history of the locale is preferred. Three or more multiple appearances may be given a quick list of 'Appearances".